DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cases against D Napoleon, 2 MLAs
The case has been filed for alleged violation of model code of conduct for the April 13 elections.
Chennai: Cases have been filed against Union minister D Napoleon and two legislators from Tamil Nadu for alleged violation of model code of conduct, which is in force for the April 13 elections to the state Assembly.
State Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Kumar said, a case had been filed against Napoleon, Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, for distributing prizes during a Milad-un-Nabi function organised in Tirunvelveli district recently.
Distribution of any freebies including prizes was against the model code of conduct, he told reporters here.
Cases have also been filed against Congress MLA H Vasantha Kumar for distributing school bags to students in Tirunelveli district and DMK MLA Senguttuvan for distributing dress material to auto drivers in Krishnagiri district, Kumar said.
The Election Commission was looking into the cases and action will be taken under relevant sections, he said.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users