Cases against D Napoleon, 2 MLAs
The case has been filed for alleged violation of model code of conduct for the April 13 elections.
Chennai: Cases have been filed against Union minister D Napoleon and two legislators from Tamil Nadu for alleged violation of model code of conduct, which is in force for the April 13 elections to the state Assembly.
State Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Kumar said, a case had been filed against Napoleon, Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment, for distributing prizes during a Milad-un-Nabi function organised in Tirunvelveli district recently.
Distribution of any freebies including prizes was against the model code of conduct, he told reporters here.
Cases have also been filed against Congress MLA H Vasantha Kumar for distributing school bags to students in Tirunelveli district and DMK MLA Senguttuvan for distributing dress material to auto drivers in Krishnagiri district, Kumar said.
The Election Commission was looking into the cases and action will be taken under relevant sections, he said.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance