Cash-for-bail: Reddy's relative arrested
Guduru Dasaratharami Reddy is accused of bribing CBI judge Pattabhirama Rao to get bail for Janardhan Reddy.
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) has made another arrest in the cash-for-bail scandal involving former Karnataka Minister Gali Janaradhan Reddy. Guduru Dasaratharami Reddy, a businessman who is one of the accused in the case pertaining to bribing of CBI judge Pattabhirama Rao to get bail for Janardhan Reddy in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) scam, was arrested on Saturday night.
Dasaratharami, a relative of mining baron Janaradhan Reddy, was produced before the special ACB court on Sunday, which remanded him in judicial custody till August 3.
With this, nine persons are now in jail in connection with the scandal, including judge Pattabhirama Rao (now suspended), two other lower court judges and retired judge TV Chalapathi Rao.
Pattabhirama Rao, additional special judge for CBI court, had granted bail to Janardhan Reddy while rejecting the bail plea of suspended IAS officer Y Srilakshmi in the same case.
Amidst allegations of bribery against Pattabhirama Rao, the Andhra Pradesh High Court suspended him on May 31, while transferring the probe to the ACB.
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- Salman Khan's Recent Photo With Nephew Ahil is Just Too Heart-warming
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Cyrus Mistry Says 'No Basis' to Speculation on Litigation, Tata Hints New Leadership Soon
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Everything is Fine in Samajwadi Party, Says Shivpal Singh Yadav