Cash transfer a scheme to 'fool' people, says BJP
"The government's game plan has been spoiled and yet it is calling this cash transfer scheme a game changer," said
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party on Monday accused the government of "fooling" the people by hurriedly implementing the cash transfer scheme without issuing Aadhaar cards to all the intended beneficiaries and creating an environment of confusion. "In 2012, the government's own game plan has been spoiled and yet it is calling this cash transfer scheme a game changer. The scheme is only being implemented in some districts. Moreover, the opinion within the government itself is divided on who falls under the BPL (below poverty line) category," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said.
The main opposition maintained that the first priority for the government should be to grapple with price rise, falling Gross Domestic Product and rampant corruption. The government earlier on Monday announced that the cash transfer scheme will be implemented in 43 districts initially starting from January 1. There will be no cash transfer for the subsidy on food, kerosene, diesel and fertiliser.
"The government says cash subsidy will be given to BPL families but most such families do not have a bank account. Bank managers have only now been asked to help them open their accounts. Aadhaar cards have not been made for a large number of people," the party spokesperson said.
Aadhaar unique identity cards will be the basis for the cash transfer programme. "Today Congress is not even in the game but is calling this scheme a game changer. The government is only trying to create an environment of confusion. It is only fooling the people through this scheme," Hussain alleged.
At the same time, BJP clarified that it is not against the scheme per se and said that its only grievance is that it is not being implemented properly. "Time will only tell how successful this scheme will be," Hussain said.
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
- Bollywood Friday: Will Sushant Singh Rajput's MS Dhoni Live Up To The Expectations?
- MS Dhoni Biopic May be the Biggest Risk of Sushant Singh Rajput's Career
- Everybody Deserves to Know Dhoni's Inspiring Story: Bhumika Chawla
- Sushant Singh Rajput Talks about Dhoni, Bollywood In His First Selfie Interview