DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cauvery issue: BJP MLA pours water on his head in Assembly
Shankaralinge Gowda, elected from Chamaraja constituency in Mysore, was persuaded by Home Minister R Ashoka to return to his seat.
Bangalore: A BJP MLA on Friday staged a protest in the Karnataka Legislative Assembly on the Cauvery issue by pouring water on his head. HS Shankaralinge Gowda walked into the Well of the House just before the Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar was to commence his budget speech and poured a bottle of water on his head.
In what appeared to be a "symbolic" protest, he was seen trying to highlight the Cauvery issue, a day after the Supreme Court asked Karnataka to release 2.44 tmc ft of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
Gowda, elected from Chamaraja constituency in Mysore, was persuaded by Home Minister R Ashoka to return to his seat.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- England vs South Africa, 1st ODI: As It Happened
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish