Cauvery issue: BJP MLA pours water on his head in Assembly
Shankaralinge Gowda, elected from Chamaraja constituency in Mysore, was persuaded by Home Minister R Ashoka to return to his seat.
Bangalore: A BJP MLA on Friday staged a protest in the Karnataka Legislative Assembly on the Cauvery issue by pouring water on his head. HS Shankaralinge Gowda walked into the Well of the House just before the Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar was to commence his budget speech and poured a bottle of water on his head.
In what appeared to be a "symbolic" protest, he was seen trying to highlight the Cauvery issue, a day after the Supreme Court asked Karnataka to release 2.44 tmc ft of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
Gowda, elected from Chamaraja constituency in Mysore, was persuaded by Home Minister R Ashoka to return to his seat.
- Akhilesh Fantastic CM but Needs Time to Be Mass Leader: Amar Singh
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Legendary Punjabi Actor Mehar Mittal Passes Away
- Army Officials Reject Raj Thackeray's Welfare Fund Proposal