Cauvery issue: BJP MLA pours water on his head in Assembly
Shankaralinge Gowda, elected from Chamaraja constituency in Mysore, was persuaded by Home Minister R Ashoka to return to his seat.
Bangalore: A BJP MLA on Friday staged a protest in the Karnataka Legislative Assembly on the Cauvery issue by pouring water on his head. HS Shankaralinge Gowda walked into the Well of the House just before the Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar was to commence his budget speech and poured a bottle of water on his head.
In what appeared to be a "symbolic" protest, he was seen trying to highlight the Cauvery issue, a day after the Supreme Court asked Karnataka to release 2.44 tmc ft of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu.
Gowda, elected from Chamaraja constituency in Mysore, was persuaded by Home Minister R Ashoka to return to his seat.
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Afghanistan Defends India's Surgical Strikes Along LoC
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Post Surgical Strike, PM Modi to Chair Cabinet Committee on Security Meeting
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead