DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cauvery issue: Karnataka all-party team to meet PM
The BJP govt has been facing fire from Congress and JD-S for releasing water in compliance with the Feb 7 order of the SC.
Bangalore: An all-party delegation from Karnataka would meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Monday to apprise him of the state's position on the Cauvery issue. The announcement to take a delegation of floor leaders of both Houses of the state legislature to New Delhi was made by Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar in the Assembly on Wednesday.
The BJP government has been facing fire from opposition Congress and JD-S for releasing Cauvery water in compliance with the February seven order of the Supreme Court.
The apex court had directed Karnataka to immediately release 2.44 TMC feet of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu whose plea for 12 TMC ft was refused.
Recommended For You
- Volkswagen Tiguan SUV Launched in India for Rs 27.68 Lakhs
- Aishwarya, Aaradhya Look Like Real Life Princesses In This Recent Photo
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish