CBI probe against BS Yeddyurappa from May 15
Official said that the SC has ordered probe into the funding received by an NGO run by Yeddyurappa's family.
Ranchi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) may on Tuesday start probing corruption charges against former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa, a CBI official said on Saturday.
"The Supreme Court has ordered a specific probe against Yeddyurappa. It is about the funding received by an NGO run by Yeddyurappa's family. The NGO was funded by mining and industrial companies," said the official who did not want to be named.
On the progress of the CBI probe into the 2G spectrum allocation scam, the official said, "We are investigating the period when Pramod Mahajan and Dayanidhi Maran were telecom ministers."
The official said investigation into charges of horse trading during this year's Jharkhand Rajya Sabha election was proceeding in the right direction and a charge sheet would be filed in two to three months.
On the case against former Jharkhand chief minister Madhu Koda, the official said the agency would be sending an officer to Dubai to arrest Sanjay Chaudhary, a key associate of Koda and an accused in the Rs.2,500 crore money laundering scam.
He was arrested by Interpol in Dubai in November last year but was released on bail.
CBI director AP Singh arrived here on a two-day visit and met officials and reviewed key cases, including the fodder, bitumen and medical scams.
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18