DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Central team to visit cyclone-hit TN, Puducherry
Home Minister P Chidambaram had earlier this week toured the cyclone Thane-hit districts.
New Delhi: Centre on Thursday constituted an inter-ministerial team to make an on-the-spot assessment of the situation in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry in the wake of the 'Thane' cyclone.
The delegation led by the Home Ministry will consist of representatives from the the Ministries of Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Dairying (Fisheries), Drinking Water, Finance, Health, Power, Road Transport and Highways, Rural Development, Water Resources and Planning Commission.
An official release said the team will visit the state and the Union Territory soon for on-the-spot assessment of the situation in the wake of cyclonic storm 'Thane'.
National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) will also be represented in the team, the release said. "The team is to visit shortly in consultation with the Governments of Puducherry and Tamil Nadu," the release said.
Home Minister P Chidambaram had earlier this week toured the cyclone-hit districts.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- KPS Gill Was India's Finest Hockey Administrator: Former Hockey Greats
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Idea 4G Services Launched in Mumbai With Invitation Offers, Promotional Tariffs