Centre Seeks Report From Kerala Government on Killing of BJP Activist
File photo of BJP flag.
New Delhi: The Centre on Thursday sought a report from the Kerala government on the brutal killing of a 25-year-old BJP activist in Kannur district.
In a communication, the Home Ministry has asked the state government to provide details of the incident and steps taken to nab and punish those responsible for the crime.
The Home Ministry has also asked the Kerala government to inform it about the steps taken for security of political workers in the state, official sources said.
BJP activist Remith was hacked to death in Kannur district, the home town of Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Wednesday, within 48 hours of the murder of a CPI(M) activist and toddy shop worker Mohanan.
The BJP organised a 'bandh' in Kerala Thursday to protest the killing of its party activist.
Recommended For You
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- It's Showtime!Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Trailer is Here and Baby Groot Owns It
- Can't MissJolly LLB 2 First Look: Akshay Kumar is a 'Jolly Good' Middle Class Man
- Snapped!Virat-Anushka Are All Smiles As They Head Back From Yuvraj-Hazel Wedding
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet