Centre Seeks Report From Kerala Government on Killing of BJP Activist
File photo of BJP flag.
New Delhi: The Centre on Thursday sought a report from the Kerala government on the brutal killing of a 25-year-old BJP activist in Kannur district.
In a communication, the Home Ministry has asked the state government to provide details of the incident and steps taken to nab and punish those responsible for the crime.
The Home Ministry has also asked the Kerala government to inform it about the steps taken for security of political workers in the state, official sources said.
BJP activist Remith was hacked to death in Kannur district, the home town of Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Wednesday, within 48 hours of the murder of a CPI(M) activist and toddy shop worker Mohanan.
The BJP organised a 'bandh' in Kerala Thursday to protest the killing of its party activist.
Recommended For You
- Kohli & Boys Find the Perfect Place to Celebrate Win over Windies
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- Jeep Compass SUV Garners 1000 Bookings In 3 Days
- Arjun Celebrates Birthday with Close Friends KJo, Ranveer and Ranbir
- Tapsee Pannu, Shabana Azmi and Others Wish Eid Mubarak to Their Fans