Centre will cooperate with Mamata : Pranab
He said Congress was able to win 42 of the 65 seats it had contested in West Bengal.
Kolkata: Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday said that the Centre would give all assistance and cooperation to Trinamool Congress Chief Mamata Banerjee who is set to the Chief Minister of West Bengal.
"The Centre will provide all assistance and cooperation to Mamata Banerjee so that the massive mandate received by her in the assembly election is translated into reality," Mukherjee, who arrived here to hold talks with the Trinamool Congress Chief, told reporters.
He said he is here to hold talks with PCC President Manas Bhunia and other Congress leaders. "I will also talk to Mamata Banerjee who is the architect of this victory."
Mukherjee said he had addressed a press conference in Delhi on Friday to express gratitude to the electorate in four states where polls were held, for giving their mandate to the UPA "though in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry, they did not vote us to power."
He said Congress was able to win 42 of the 65 seats it had contested in West Bengal and slammed party rebels who made no headway in the elections.
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017: Kalinga Lancers Thrash Dabang Mumbai to Lift Maiden Title
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion