DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Centre's interlocutor to hold talks with GJM leaders
The Centre's interlocutor for Darjeeling will meet the GJM leadership on Saturday.
Darjeeling: As tension prevailed in the hills, the Centre's interlocutor for Darjeeling peace process Bijay Madan reached nearby Siliguri and will come here this evening for talks with the leadership of GJM which is spearheading the agitation for a separate Gorkhaland.
Before coming to Darjeeling town, Madan will hold a meeting on the law and order situation in the hills with District Magistrate Mohan Gandhi and Superintendent of Police Debendra Pratap Singh, official sources said. He would have discussions with Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) leaders before returning to New Delhi, sources said.
The Centre decided to send the government-appointed interlocutor to Darjeeling to help normalise the situation in the hills, which is witnessing violence and shutdown since police firing on a rally by GJM supporters in Sipchu in Jalpaiguri killed two persons.
An indefinite strike was being observed in the Darjeeling Hills on a call from GJM which had yesterday said that nothing short of Gorkhaland is now acceptable and there will be no discussion on an interim set-up anymore.
Recommended For You
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- IPL 2017: Jos Buttler Does a Ranbir Kapoor to Celebrate Mumbai Indians Win
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?