Inflation has fallen drastically: Congress
Congress leader P C Chacko said that there was a need of a second green revolution in the country.
New Delhi: Congress leader P C Chacko, speaking in the Lok Sabha on Thursday, said that inflation had fallen drastically in the country.
"Inflation has fallen from 22 per cent to 18 per cent to below 8 per cent in India. We are not an isolated country. The world is one village now. There is a mismatch of supply and demands," he said.
Participating in the discussion on price rise in the Lok Sabha, Chacko said that there was a need of a second green revolution, pointing that India was the largest producer of rice, wheat and milk in the world.
"Around 65 per cent of population is engaged in agriculture. We are moving in the right direction to control inflation," said Chacko.
Talking about the "selective ban on food products", the Congress leader said that the government had taken action on commodities as per the requirement.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology