Chandy non-committal on induction of Chennithala into cabinet
Chandy maintained that the offer of the post of Deputy CM to Chennithala and other related reports on the issue were media's creation.
Thiruvananthapuram: Amid reports of talks at various levels to sort out rumblings in Congress over inducting KPCC President Ramesh Chennithala into the UDF Ministry, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today remained non-committal on the matter.
Chandy maintained that the offer of the post of Deputy Chief Minister to Chennithala and other related reports on the issue were media's creation. "It is all a creation of the media and if anything concrete happens, I will inform you", he told reporters during a cabinet briefing.
On his recent meeting with AICC chief Sonia Gandhi in Delhi, Chandy said he had explained the current political situation in the state to the party high command. The Chief Minister declined to elaborate on whether a cabinet reshuffle or induction of Chennithala into the cabinet was discussed with the AICC chief.
Ruling UDF convener and Congress leader PP Thankachan held a meeting with Chennithala and Chandy. Though Chandy has given an open invitation to Chennithala to join the ministry any time he wishes, the latter has said he would not do so and would continue to be the party chief.
The issue of Chennithala's induction into the ministry gained momentum after completion of his recent 'Kerala Yatra'. This issue has been troubling the Congress in Kerala, with rival groups associated with Chandy and Chennithala indulgingin wrangling over the portfolio and the rank of DCM.
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN
- Force 2 Trailer: John Abraham, Sonakshi Sinha Take on the World to Save India
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday