Tihar Jail begins inquiry against Ajay Chautala for addressing rally through phone
Officials say that Ajay Chautala addressed the rally for five minutes from inside the jail.
Chandigarh: The Tihar Jail authorities have initiated an inquiry against INLD chief and former Haryana chief minister OP Chautala's son Ajay Chautala after it was found that he addressed a public rally at Sonepat through the speaker phone when his grandson called him up last Wednesday in jail.
Jail officials say that he addressed the rally for five minutes. The Tihar superintendent will submit a report by Tuesday.
OP Chautala and his MLA son may be cooling their heels in jail after being indicted by the court for their involvement in the teachers' recruitment scam. But that has not stopped them from reaching out to their supporters across from behind bars.
Ajay Chautala spoke to his supporters gathered at a rally in the Sonepat district via his mobile after his son Dushyant hooked him up on the speakerphone. Ajay Chautala also took the occasion to update the crowd about Om Parkash Chautala's health and inquired about the well-being of the villagers.
Earlier Om Prakash Chautala had written a public letter which was read out at all INLD rallies and gatherings. What action should be taken to ensure VIPs follow rules in prison?
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show