Chavan to reshuffle his Cabinet before Winter Session
The proposed expansion in the state Cabinet was long overdue and Chavan was probably waiting for the Union Cabinet reshuffle.
Nagpur: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan has said that the state Cabinet will be revamped before the Winter Session of the State Legislature. "The Maharashtra Cabinet will be reshuffled before the Winter Session which commences in Nagpur from December 10," Chavan told reporters on Sunday night on the sidelines of a function.
To a question why not a single Member of Parliament from Maharashtra, particularly from Vidarbha, was inducted into the reshuffled Union Cabinet, Chavan said it was the prerogative of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
According to sources in the Congress party, the proposed expansion in the state Cabinet was long overdue and Chavan was probably waiting for the Union Cabinet reshuffle to go ahead with the same.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology