Chhattisgarh govt refutes KPS Gill's claim against CM
Gill, who was sent to Chhattisgarh in 2006 as an adviser, had earlier on Tuesday said he was asked by CM Raman Singh to sit back and earn his salary.
Raipur: The Chhattisgarh government on Tuesday refuted ex-Punjab DGP KPS Gill's claim that Chief Minister Raman Singh had asked him to sit back and earn salary as an advisor, saying it was "unfortunate" that he was giving such a "baseless statement" at this difficult period. "It is unfortunate that a man of his caliber is giving such baseless statement at this difficult time," Chhattisgarh government spokesperson Aman Kumar Singh said. Singh said that the former adviser "was wrong in saying that he was asked to relax, enjoy his stay and keep earning his salary."
"No such statement was made by the Chief Minister," he said. Revelation of such details to media after seven years of his stint indicates that the allegations are "malicious and based on distorted facts," the spokesman said. All his (Gill's) suggestions, which were practical and found useful, were implemented, he said. Gill, who was sent to Chhattisgarh in 2006 as an adviser, had earlier on Tuesday said he was asked by Chief Minister Raman Singh to sit back and earn his salary.
"Initially his (Chhattisgarh CM) response was quite adequate but after some days maybe there were some inputs from New Delhi or from within the state that he became a disinterested spectator". He later said Just sit back and enjoy your stay as long as you are here, the former top cop told a news channel.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- Samajwadi Party Rift Live: Mulayam Calls Urgent Meeting to Resolve Issues With Akhilesh
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war