Chhattisgarh: Naxals kill abducted police officer
The 27-year-old officer, Nilesh Pandey, was kidnapped when he was going from Bijapur to Farsegarh in a bus on Tuesday evening.
Raipur: Assistant Sub-Inspector of Police Nilesh Pandey, who was abducted by suspected Communist Party of India (Maoist) cadres, has been killed. The 27-year-old Pandey was kidnapped when he was going from Bijapur to Farsegarh in a bus on Tuesday evening.
He was reportedly shot dead by Naxals on Tuesday night itself near Chinger Nala under Kutru police station in Raipur, Bijapur SP Prashant Agarwal said. Pandey's body was was recovered on Wednesday morning after some villagers spotted it and informed the police. The body is being brought to Bijapur, from where it would be sent to his native place Bilaspur, Agarwal said.
The tragic incident took place even as President Pranab Mukherjee is scheduled to visit Ramakrishna Mission Ashram in Narayanpur district in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh. The President is on a two-day visit to the state.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right