Chidambaram criticises Left Front govt in Tripura
Tripura is one of the poorest states in the country where 67 per cent of the people live below poverty line.
Kamalpur: Union Minister for Finance, P Chidambaram criticized the Left Front government in Tripura on February 12 for its alleged failure to improve the standard of life despite fund flow from the centre.
We (Centre) have dispatched adequate funds to the state. The Left Front government has completed four consecutive terms in the elections but failed to improve the standard of life in the state, he told an election rally here.
Tripura is one of the poorest states in the country where 67 per cent of the people live below poverty line. He assured that the Congress manifesto would be implemented in letter and spirit in the state if it is voted to power and unemployment problem would be 'properly addressed'.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson