Chinese incursions: Khurshid may cancel Beijing visit
External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid is slated to travel to Beijing on May 9.
On Board Special Aircraft: The planned visit by External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid to Beijing next week is under a cloud as he said on Friday that the progress in dialogue to end stand-off in Ladakh is not satisfactory and India would have liked "much better response" from China. Khurshid, who is slated to travel to Beijing on May 9, said the review of his visit has not been done "as of now" but "what will happen tomorrow, one can't predict today".
He emphasised that India wanted reversal of "adverse incident" in Ladakh and return to the status quo in Depsang Valley where the Chinese troops intruded. "We haven't reviewed at this stage. We have not found it necessary. We have not.. reached at that sage to review," Khurshid said when asked whether his scheduled visit to Beijing is under review.
Questioned whether there was certainty about his going ahead with the visit, he responded, "The word certainty is not a good word to use in human affairs. What will happen tomorrow one can't predict today". He remained evasive on giving clarity on the visit despite repeated queries but sources said the visit would "not be worthwhile" if there is no progress in talks taking place at various levels.
Earlier in Beijing, Chinese Foreign Ministry announced the visit of Khurshid to Beijing on May 9 and said both nations are committed to resolving the dispute over the presence of PLA troops in Depsang valley in Ladakh through talks without letting it to "affect" bilateral ties. Khurshid, who China said would be on a two day visit at the invitation of Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi, would meet Chinese leaders besides holding talks with Wang.
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2016: Anil Kapoor to Shraddha Kapoor; Stars Bring Ganpati Home
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18