Chiranjeevi extends support to Anna Hazare
The Tirupati MLA also lashed out at the Centre for failing to take effective steps to curb corruption.
Hyderabad: Tirupati MLA K Chiranjeevi and pro-Telangana leader M Kodandaram on Monday extended their support to anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare's fight against corruption.
"Whoever fights against corruption should be commended," said Chiranjeevi, who is set to join the Congress on August 20.
Though it might practically not be possible to bring the Prime Minister and judiciary under the ambit of Lokpal, there is need for a wider discussion on the issue, he said, after unfurling the tri-colour at his blood bank on Monday.
Kodandaram, who is heading the group of several pro-Telangana outfits, equated Hazare's fight against corruption with the statehood struggle and extended all support to the social activist.
Meanwhile, the TDP, which has already pledged its support to Hazare, demanded that the Centre accord permission to the Gandhian to launch his indefinite hunger-strike in New Delhi from Tuesday.
The TDP's politburo that met at the residence of party president N Chandrababu Naidu here this evening strongly deplored the curbs being placed on the proposed fast by the Hazare and demanded that te anti-graft crusader be allowed to undertake his protest.
"It is totally undemocratic to block Hazare's fast. It is ridiculous for the Congress and the Centre to term the Gandhian's protests as undemocratic," Naidu said after the politburo meeting.
He also lashed out at the Centre for failing to take effective steps to curb corruption.
The Loksatta Party too has expressed support to Hazare's fight against corruption.
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- For Dialogue, Pakistan Must Stop Infiltration on Border: Mehbooba Mufti
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18