Chiru to contest Assembly polls from Tirupati
Chiranjeevi will contest the April 23 Assembly election from Tirupati.
Hyderabad: Telugu film star and Praja Rajyam Party (PRP) Chief Chiranjeevi has said that he would contest the April 23 election for the Andhra Pradesh Assembly from temple town Tirupati.
"Tirupati is fixed. I may also contest from my native Narsapuram in West Godavari district if I decide to stand from a second constituency," Chiranjeevi told reporters at Rajahmundry on Wednesday.
He said the PRP would release the list of its candidates in four to five days, ahead of the notification for elections.
"Our list will have a fresh look with many new faces to the extent possible. We will field maximum number of women while at least 100 candidates belonging to Backward Classes will also be given a chance," Chiranjeevi said.
Reacting angrily to the allegations that his party was collecting Rs 2 crore from each aspirant to contest the elections, he said: "Its rubbish. Some coverts planted by the Telugu Desam Party in the PRP are making such allegations. Now, such elements are out of PRP".
Chiranjeevi reiterated that there was no question of PRP supporting the BJP at the national level. "We will decide whom to support after the elections," he added.
The PRP chief expressed hope that the EC would allot them a common symbol. "Otherwise, we have our own plans," he said.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Shahid Kapoor's Pre-Birthday Bash: Deepika, Alia, Katrina steal the show