Chouhan congratulates Modi on his appointment as BJP poll panel chief
BJP at its National Executive meet on Sunday anointed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as party's poll panel chief.
Panaji: Often pitted to counter Narendra Modi, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday said the decision to hand over the reins of the BJP poll campaign to the Gujarat Chief Minister would benefit not only the party but the entire country.
"I am confident that not only the party but the entire country would benefit by the decision taken by the BJP President under the guidance of LK Advani and in consultation with senior party leaders," Chouhan told reporters here.
Only last week Advani, who is strongly opposed to the elevation of Modi in the party hierarchy, had heaped praise on Chouhan and compared him with former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
"I congratulate him (Modi). We all will work tirelessly to ensure that BJP forms the government at the Centre in 2014," Chouhan said reacting to Modi's appointment as Chairman of BJP's Campaign Committee for 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
He said Advani's blessings would always be with Modi and other leaders of the party. "Vajpayeeji and Advaniji are personalities who have taken the BJP to great heights. We have grown up under the guidance and affection and their blessings are always with us," Chouhan said.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"