CM Mamata's Picture Should be Kept in Every Household: TMC MP
West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee addresses a rally. (CNN-News18)
New Delhi: A TMC MP on Wednesday compared party chief Mamata Banerjee to national icons like Rabindranath Tagore, Jawaharlal Nehru and Indira Gandhi and said the West Bengal Chief Minister's photograph should be kept in every household in the country.
TMC MP from West Bengal's Basirhat, Idris Ali, on Wednesday came to Parliament sporting an orange kurta, specially created and designed in College Street in Kolkata, with the face of Banerjee drawn on it.
Ali told PTI the photograph of the West Bengal Chief Minister is kept in almost all the households of the state nowadays.
"Just like people keep the photograph of Jawaharlal Nehru, Indira Gandhi, Rabindranath Tagore, I think, her (Banerjee's) picture should also be hung in every household across the country," he said.
He said she is a very popular leader who has lead from the front to oppose the government's demonetisation decision from the very first day.
He said Banerjee leads a very simple life and she has also taken up the cause of the poor. Many leaders from various parties also greeted him after they saw the kurta in Parliament, he added.
Recommended For You
- Oppo F3 Plus Review: The Super Selfie 6-inch Mega Smartphone For Rs 30,990
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A Review: An Affordable Redmi 3S Facelift
- India Isn't Comfortable With Women Who Are Unapologetic About Their Sexuality: Swara Bhaskar
- Steven Smith Smitten by Picturesque Dharamsala Stadium