Coal allocations scam: CBI to file status report in Supreme Court
The CBI will give status of 13 FIRs and 3 Preliminary Enquiries (PEs) in a sealed envelope to the Supreme Court.
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) will file a status report in the Supreme Court on the Coal allocations scam on Monday. The CBI will give status of 13 FIRs and 3 Preliminary Enquiries (PEs) in a sealed envelope to the Supreme Court.
The report will also give details of former CBI Chief Investigating Officer Vivek Dutt's case details. Dutt was caught taking a bribe of Rs 15 lakh on May 17. The CBI Internal Intelligence Unit nabbed Dutt in an operation that was personally supervised by the agency's director Ranjit Sinha.
The CBI has questioned various government officials including former coal secretary HC Gupta for their role in the coal allocation scam. The CBI had recorded statements of two officials of the Prime Minister's Office as part of its probe into the coal scam. The CBI sought clarification from Vini Mahajan and Ashish Gupta regarding the allocation of the coal blocks.
The CBI had filed its second affidavit on the coal scam in the Supreme Court earlier in May and had stated that Ashwani Kumar, who resigned from his post of the Law Minister after the affidavit came to light, Attorney General GE Vahanvati and officials from the PMO and the Coal Ministry had seen the probe agency's report and suggested changes to it.
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- Bhubaneswar-Bhadark Train Collides With Goods Train in Cuttack, 1 Dead
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Will Live Up to the Hype: Neeraj Pandey
- Maruti Suzuki's 'MS Dhoni Inspired' Alto and Alto K10 Special Edition Unveiled
- Supreme Court Quashes Criminal Case Against MS Dhoni