Coal allocations scam: CBI to file status report in Supreme Court
The CBI will give status of 13 FIRs and 3 Preliminary Enquiries (PEs) in a sealed envelope to the Supreme Court.
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) will file a status report in the Supreme Court on the Coal allocations scam on Monday. The CBI will give status of 13 FIRs and 3 Preliminary Enquiries (PEs) in a sealed envelope to the Supreme Court.
The report will also give details of former CBI Chief Investigating Officer Vivek Dutt's case details. Dutt was caught taking a bribe of Rs 15 lakh on May 17. The CBI Internal Intelligence Unit nabbed Dutt in an operation that was personally supervised by the agency's director Ranjit Sinha.
The CBI has questioned various government officials including former coal secretary HC Gupta for their role in the coal allocation scam. The CBI had recorded statements of two officials of the Prime Minister's Office as part of its probe into the coal scam. The CBI sought clarification from Vini Mahajan and Ashish Gupta regarding the allocation of the coal blocks.
The CBI had filed its second affidavit on the coal scam in the Supreme Court earlier in May and had stated that Ashwani Kumar, who resigned from his post of the Law Minister after the affidavit came to light, Attorney General GE Vahanvati and officials from the PMO and the Coal Ministry had seen the probe agency's report and suggested changes to it.
- 2nd Test: Fit-Again Younis Khan Leads Pakistan's Charge Against WI
- Seven Pakistani Rangers, One Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border: BSF
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says An Emotional Shivpal
- Salahuddin Seeks Help From Pak Military Pak Over Kashmir
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18