Coal scam: Parliament adjourned till noon after uproar
BJP members walked into the Well to demand Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's resignation over coal issue.
New Delhi: Parliament was adjourned on Tuesday till noon without transacting any business as BJP members walked into the Well to demand Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's resignation over coal issue and alleged vetting of the CBI report on it. Question Hour could not be conducted for the seventh consecutive day in both Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha as Opposition members shouted slogans to press for their demands.
As soon as the Lok Sabha met for the day, BJP members trooped into the Well shouting, "Pradhan mantri isteefa do (Prime Minister resign)" and "koyele ki dalali hai, poori Congress kali hai (Congress is tainted in coal scam)". As the slogan shouting continued, Speaker Meira Kumar adjourned the House till noon.
In Rajya Sabha, BJP members trooped into the Well as soon as Chairman Hamid Ansari took his seat. "Pradhan Mantri Isteefa do, Isteefa do (Prime Minister resign)," they shouted. SP members too moved into the Well shouting slogans against the Chinese incursion in Ladakh.
Ansari asked members to go back to their places and called the first listed question of the day. But, members were unrelenting and continued to shout slogans. Ansari then adjourned the House till noon.
- Soldier Inadvertently Crossed LoC, Pakistan Has Been Informed: Army
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- StarGaze: Akshay Kumar celebrates World Heart Day and more
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2016: Anil Kapoor to Shraddha Kapoor; Stars Bring Ganpati Home