Coal blocks allocations: CBI submits report to SC
The Supreme Court has ordered the CBI not to share the report with the government.
New Delhi: The CBI has submitted its probe report on the coal block allocations to the Supreme Court. The CBI report said that there was no system in place to verify the credentials of companies who sought coal blocks.
The CBI report added that many companies were given coal blocks through false representations and that there was no rationale for allocation of coal blocks.
The Supreme Court has ordered the CBI not to share the report with the government. It has also asked the Centre to explain why a small group of companies were favoured.
The Centre, however, objected to the CBI finding, saying the agency is not the final word on it.
With additional information from PTI
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Team India Series Report Card
- Bharat Stage 'BS' Emission Norms Explained, What Does it Mean and How Does it Impact You
- Samsung Galaxy S8 vs Samsung Galaxy S8+: What's The Difference?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia