Coal blocks allocations: CBI submits report to SC
The Supreme Court has ordered the CBI not to share the report with the government.
New Delhi: The CBI has submitted its probe report on the coal block allocations to the Supreme Court. The CBI report said that there was no system in place to verify the credentials of companies who sought coal blocks.
The CBI report added that many companies were given coal blocks through false representations and that there was no rationale for allocation of coal blocks.
The Supreme Court has ordered the CBI not to share the report with the government. It has also asked the Centre to explain why a small group of companies were favoured.
The Centre, however, objected to the CBI finding, saying the agency is not the final word on it.
With additional information from PTI
Recommended For You
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- It's Showtime!Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Trailer is Here and Baby Groot Owns It
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURESSourav Ganguly - Dada of Gully Cricket
- Can't MissJolly LLB 2 First Look: Akshay Kumar is a 'Jolly Good' Middle Class Man
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet