Complaint against Owaisi in Mumbai court for 'hate speech'
The complaint was filed in reference to the "hate speech" allegedly delivered by the MIM legislator at a public rally.
Mumbai: A complaint was on Saturday filed in a local court against Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Akbaruddin Owaisi for allegedly making a "hate speech" against a particular community.
The private complaint by Venkatesh Abdeo was moved in the Borivali metropolitan magistrate's court seeking action against the Hyderabad-based legislator. "We have sought a registration of case against Owaisi under relevant sections of (the) Indian Penal Code," Abdeo said.
The complaint was filed in reference to the "hate speech" allegedly delivered by the MIM legislator while addressing a public meeting at Nirmal town in Andhra Pradesh's Adilabad district on December 24, 2012.
Abdeo's lawyer Gyanmurti Sharma said they would argue on the jurisdiction of the local court to take cognisance of the complaint when the case is likely to come up for hearing next week. Abdeo is a Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader.
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Arjun Kapoor, Shraddha Kapoor Bring 'Bollywood Dance Raita' to New York
- Ganesh Chaturthi 2016: Anil Kapoor to Shraddha Kapoor; Stars Bring Ganpati Home
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Parched Trailer Gives Closer Look at Rajasthani Rural Womanhood
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18