Congress core group meet: No decision yet on Food Security, Telangana
The Congress core group decided that final decision on Telangana will be taken after Andhra Pradesh Assembly Session.
New Delhi: No decision was taken on whether to bring an ordinance on UPA's pet legislation - Food Security - during Friday's core Congress meet. The bill is stuck in Parliament as the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) did not allow it to be debated upon in the Lok Sabha during the Budget Session, which ended May 8.
The BJP wanted Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to resign over the faulty allocations of coal blocks and did not allow the bill to be debated until he quits. Since then, a section of the government has been pushing the idea of implementing the provisions of the bill through an ordinance, which too will have to pass parliament's scrutiny.
The government has also been toying with the idea of calling a special session of parliament to pass the bill but the BJP has shot down the idea saying it would rather prefer advancing the monsoon session, scheduled July-Aug, for this.
Meanwhile, the Congress core group decided that final decision on Telangana - another issue that has been boiling over for the Congress - will be taken after Andhra Pradesh Assembly Session, which starts on July 10.
- Donald Trump Digs in Heels, Says Will Accept Election Results if He Wins
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 3: Whose Side is Swami Om on? Sevaks or Maliks?
- Donald Trump is Vladimir Putin's Puppet: Hillary Clinton
- Hillary Clinton Beats Donald Trump in Final Presidential Debate
- MNS Defiant Despite Rajnath's Assurance to Bollywood: Time to Arrest Raj Thackeray?
- Film Industry Divided? No Way, Says Salim Khan
- Karan Johar Will Never do Anything That Isn't Patriotic: Farah Khan
- I am an Allahabadi Goonda, Katju Tells Raj Thackeray on Row Over Pak Artistes