DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Cong gives Rahul official status to take decisions: SP
SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav said Rahul could be appointed as the Working President of Congress in the near future.
New Delhi: The Samajwadi Party on Saturday said that by appointing Rahul Gandhi as party Vice President, the Congress has accorded an official status to his role in taking major decisions of the party. "It is an internal organisational matter of Congress. But at the same time, the decision to appoint him as Vice-President is more of a formality. People know that most major decisions of Congress had Rahul's stamp of approval. Now, Congress has authorised him to take decisions officially," SP General Secretary and national spokesperson Ram Gopal Yadav said.
Yadav, whose party is extending outside support to the Congress-led UPA government, said there is a possibility that Rahul could be appointed as the Working President of Congress in the near future.
The Congress on Saturday elevated Rahul to the number two position in the party by appointing him as Vice-President.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand