Cong gives Rahul official status to take decisions: SP
SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav said Rahul could be appointed as the Working President of Congress in the near future.
New Delhi: The Samajwadi Party on Saturday said that by appointing Rahul Gandhi as party Vice President, the Congress has accorded an official status to his role in taking major decisions of the party. "It is an internal organisational matter of Congress. But at the same time, the decision to appoint him as Vice-President is more of a formality. People know that most major decisions of Congress had Rahul's stamp of approval. Now, Congress has authorised him to take decisions officially," SP General Secretary and national spokesperson Ram Gopal Yadav said.
Yadav, whose party is extending outside support to the Congress-led UPA government, said there is a possibility that Rahul could be appointed as the Working President of Congress in the near future.
The Congress on Saturday elevated Rahul to the number two position in the party by appointing him as Vice-President.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 3310: This is How The Remodeled Unit Will Look Like
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Kalinga Lancers vs UP Wizards, Semi-final
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines