DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Gujarat: Congress manifesto focuses on 'aam aadmi'
Gujarat Congress President Arjun Modhwadia assured that if the party came to power, then big corporates would take a back seat.
Ahmedabad: A day after Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi promised 50 lakh housing units and insurance for the poor, the Gujarat Congress released its manifesto on Tuesday. And the focus was on 'aam aadmi'. Gujarat Congress President Arjun Modhwadia assured that if the party came to power, then big corporates would take a back seat, and the focus would be on the common man.
The Congress also promised affordable housing for urban women, free laptops to students, sops to government employees and reduction of VAT on petrol and diesel.
"We are coming back in power and our focus will be on common people. The promises that BJP made yesterday are 17 years old. If elected, we will provide better irrigation and complete Sardar Sarovar project," the Gujarat Congress manifesto read. "BJP talks about affordable housing, but has never made one," it added.
Recommended For You
- Sunny Deol Shares Son Karan Deol's Photo From His First Day at Shoot
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Sonam Kapoor's Recent Look At Cannes Is Giving Us Major Beach Envy
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017