Cong has not taken political sanyas in Bengal: Ramesh
Ramesh said that the UPA government provided Rs 2,700 crore to the state under MGNREGA and sanctioned 5,500 km of roads in Bankura and Purulia districts.
Lalgarh: Launching a frontal attack on former ally Trinamool Congress, union minister Jairam Ramesh on Saturday said that the Congress has not taken political sanyas in West Bengal and would fight the ensuing panchayat election in the state with full vigour. "Congress was with the TMC to bring change in the state, but it has not taken political sanyas. Congress has revitalised in the state after TMC severed ties," Ramesh, Union Rural Development minister, told a public meeting in Lalgarh in the former Maoist stronghold ahead of the rural poll scheduled next year.
He said that Congress would campaign to tell people, "you have seen the CPIM and the Trinamool Congress. But what have you got?" In an obvious reference to the Trinamool Congress, whose chief Mamata Banerjee has dubbed Congress as the B team of the CPI(M), he said, "They were born within Congress, they got all the benefits and then hit the party. But Congress is alive. None can eliminate Congress from the state. We will face the challenge."
Taking strong exception to the TMC dubbing the Congress-led UPA government as a minority one, Ramesh said, "they used words about our Prime Minister which they should not have used. Our leaders have also been insulted by them." He said that the UPA government provided Rs 2,700 crore to the state under MGNREGA and sanctioned 5,500 km of roads in Bankura and Purulia districts.
He said that the UPA government was also providing funds for women which was being used by the state government as its own 'Anandadhara' programme.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills