Cong may use Chiranjeevi in TN campaign
Ahmed Patel, has invited Chiranjeevi for a meeting with Sonia Gandhi.
Hyderabad: Actor-politician K Chiranjeevi will meet Congress President Sonia Gandhi in New Delhi in the next two days.
Gandhi's political secretary, Ahmed Patel, has invited Chiranjeevi for a meeting with her.
The Congress High Command has reportedly decided to use Chiranjeevi as a star campaigner in the Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections.
Chiranjeevi, a superstar of Telugu film industry, commands a good fan-following in neighbouring Tamil Nadu as well.
Chiranjeevi is expected to campaign extensively in Chennai and some other parts of Tamil Nadu which have a sizable Telugu population, sources close to him said.
Chiranjeevi's party, Praja Rajyam, will be formally merged with Congress next month.
Chiranjeevi will discuss the formalities of merger with Sonia and invite her to a grand public meeting, planned to be held early next month.
Recommended For You
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Oscars 2017: Of Androgynous Fashion Moments at Red Carpets
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology