UPA strategy meet: PM, Sonia to meet allies after Rail Budget
The UPA will hold the meeting after the Railway Budget on Tuesday to finalise its strategy in Parliament.
New Delhi: Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal will be the first Congress minister in 17 years to announce the Railway Budget on Tuesday and indications are that rail fares are likely to go up in line with the fuel price hike.
The fare hike is most likely to upset the Opposition, who has been protesting against price rise. Hoping to tackle that smoothly, the UPA will hold a Coordination Committee meet after the Railway Budget on Tuesday to finalise its strategy in Parliament.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will be hearing out alliance partners at the meeting.
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan