UPA strategy meet: PM, Sonia to meet allies after Rail Budget
The UPA will hold the meeting after the Railway Budget on Tuesday to finalise its strategy in Parliament.
New Delhi: Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal will be the first Congress minister in 17 years to announce the Railway Budget on Tuesday and indications are that rail fares are likely to go up in line with the fuel price hike.
The fare hike is most likely to upset the Opposition, who has been protesting against price rise. Hoping to tackle that smoothly, the UPA will hold a Coordination Committee meet after the Railway Budget on Tuesday to finalise its strategy in Parliament.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will be hearing out alliance partners at the meeting.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right