DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Congress demands EC to stop opinion polls
The legal department of the Congress party has written to EC saying opinion polls are not scientific and could be misused.
New Delhi: With opinion polls projecting a poor show for the Congress in states headed to Assembly polls, the party has written to the Election Commission asking it to restrict opinion polls ahead of elections.
The legal department of the Congress party has written to EC saying opinion polls are not scientific and could be misused. The party also cited that opinion polls lack credibility and hence should be restricted.
Earlier, the party had turned down Election commission's proposal to ban opinion polls.
At present, there is ban on opinion polls starting from 48 hours before voting. The CNN-IBN-The Week survey had shown that if elections were to be held today, the UPA figure would go down to between 134-142 seats against the NDA's 187-195 seats.
The Congress would win between 116 to 124 seats as against the BJP's 171 to 179 seats.
(with additional inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar