Congress demands EC to stop opinion polls
The legal department of the Congress party has written to EC saying opinion polls are not scientific and could be misused.
New Delhi: With opinion polls projecting a poor show for the Congress in states headed to Assembly polls, the party has written to the Election Commission asking it to restrict opinion polls ahead of elections.
The legal department of the Congress party has written to EC saying opinion polls are not scientific and could be misused. The party also cited that opinion polls lack credibility and hence should be restricted.
Earlier, the party had turned down Election commission's proposal to ban opinion polls.
At present, there is ban on opinion polls starting from 48 hours before voting. The CNN-IBN-The Week survey had shown that if elections were to be held today, the UPA figure would go down to between 134-142 seats against the NDA's 187-195 seats.
The Congress would win between 116 to 124 seats as against the BJP's 171 to 179 seats.
(with additional inputs from PTI)
- Kaine, Trump, U.S. Lawmakers Raise Concerns Over AT&T-Time Warner Deal
- Hillary Clinton Achieves 12-Point Lead over Trump
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It