Govt may set up Telangana Territorial Council: Sources
The body will be given numerous powers, but the law and order machinery will remain with the Andhra Pradesh government.
New Delhi: The government has decided to solve the Telangana impasse along the lines of the Bodo Territorial Council pact, sources said. Congress leaders are mulling the option of setting up a Telangana Territorial Council, which will have its own elected executive members, they added.
The body will be given numerous powers, including control over development funds. However, the law and order machinery will remain with the Andhra Pradesh government.
The final decision may soon be taken at a Congress core group meeting, according to the sources. The government had missed the "deadline" of January 28 and sought more "time and discussions" to arrive at the solution.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Ashwin Breaks Kapil Dev's 37-Year Old Home Season Record
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance