'Cong to suffer due to Beni's 'baseless' statements'
The SP also called Beni Prasad an "ungrateful" person and said, "He will be nowhere in the next Lok Sabha elections".
Lucknow: Reacting sharply to Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma's remark on its poll prospects, Samajwadi Party on Saturday said Congress would suffer due to such "baseless" statements and demanded his removal from the Union Ministry. Talking about the poll prospects of various parties in UP, Beni had said that Mulayam Singh Yadav's party will win only four seats in the next Lok Sabha polls and there will be a "funeral procession for the party.
Flaying the Congress leader's statement, SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary said, "He has stooped down too low and is making baseless statement which are far from truth". He noted that Beni's son had lost his security deposit in Barabanki and he too had lost his deposit in Faizabad in the last elections.
"He will be nowhere in the next Lok Sabha elections and Congress will have to suffer due to such baseless statement," he said, adding, "He is an ungrateful person. Initially, he was just a worker of netaji".
SP general secretary Ram Asrey Kushwaha said, "He (Beni) has lost his mental balance". He said that as per Beni's calculation, all parties combined would get 90 seats, whereas there are only 80 Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh.
"Media and people should not take cognisance of his statement," Kushwaha said while demanding removal of Beni from the Union ministry. He said that it was "unfortunate" that a person like him was made a minister.
This is not the first time that the Union Steel Minister has ruffled SP's feathers. Beni had recently triggered a storm by alleging that the SP supremo had "terrorist links" leading to calls for his removal from the Union Ministry.
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- News360: Upset with Sheila as Congress CM Face, Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Watch: Talking point With Arunoday Mukharji