DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Uttarakhand: Relief trucks flagged off by Sonia stranded
Reports suggest that the relief material they were carrying will now have to be sold off.
Dehradun: In a major embarrassment for the Congress, the relief trucks flagged off on Monday by UPA President Sonia Gandhi and Vice President Rahul Gandhi for Uttarakhand are stranded in Rishikesh as they have run out of fuel and the drivers have not been paid.
Reports suggest that the relief material they were carrying will now have to be sold off. According to reports, the truck drivers were not given enough money to buy fuel and when they contacted the local Congress office, they were given no help.
Each truck driver was reportedly given only Rs 2,000 to buy fuel for the entire journey which was exhausted during the drive to Dehradun.
The Congress President had also directed all party MPs and MLAs to donate their one month salary for relief work in the flood-ravaged Uttarakhand as the magnitude of the flash flood tragedy continued to unfold taking the death toll in the rain fury to 1,000
Recommended For You
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Proteas reach 59/0 at Break
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan