DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Congress alliance loses in Puducherry
Unseating the Congress alliance, All-India NR Congress-AIADMK combine gained a two-third majority.
Puducherry: Unseating the Congress alliance, All-India NR Congress-AIADMK combine was on Friday gained a two-third majority winning 20 constituencies in the elections to the 30-member Assembly in the Union Territory of Puducherry.
Steering his party to on impressive electoral debut, former chief minister N Rangasamy, who broke away from Congress to float his own outfit on poll eve, won both seats he contested.
The Congress front including DMK managed to win only nine seats.
Rangasamy, who was replaced as chief minister by the party high command two years ago after a revolt by partymen including his cabinet colleagues, emerged victorious in Indira Nagar and Kadigamam constituencies.
Chief Minister V Vaithilingam, who succeeded Rangasamy, and Health Minister E Valsraj won Kamaraj Nagar and Mahe constituencies respectively but Welfare Minister M Kandasamy was trounced by AINRC rival R Rajavelu in Embalam.
PWD Minister MOHF Shajahan was trailing his nearest AINRC rival in Kalapet.
Recommended For You
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%