DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Congress an exponent of votebank politics: Narendra Modi
The BJP is forever committed towards politics for the development, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said.
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday accused the Congress party of being a "dyed-in-the-wool exponent of votebank politics". "The difference is fundamentally that of style of politics. The BJP is forever committed towards politics for the development, whereas the Congress is a dyed-in-the-wool exponent of votebank politics," Modi wrote on his blog, countering Congress' attack on ruling BJP's development initiatives.
"The allegations against us are 'you built 350 schools instead of 500', or 'you promised 10 km road, but built only 8 km'. They are centered around development," he stated. "But can we say the same for Congress? No! Nobody asks them about development. The only thing discussed about them is the number of scams and rising burden on the common man," he said.
"Gujarat has instilled a robust faith among the people in the political system and the institution of democracy, after it was systematically eroded by years of Congress rule after Independence," he said while taking a jibe at the Congress leadership.
Gujarat will go to polls on December 13 and 17 in two phases, he said adding, "If the Congress wants Gujarat, they must whole-heartedly embrace politics of development rather than votebank politics."
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- England vs South Africa Live Score: De Kock, Amla Come Out in Pursuit of Mammoth Target
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes