Congress announces candidate for Mizoram by-polls
All the major political parties in Mizoram have also announced their nominees for the coming by-poll.
Aizawl: The ruling Congress on February 1 announced that Dr H Ngurdingliana would be the party's official candidate for the coming by-election to the Chalfilh assembly seat scheduled to be held on February 23. Ngurdingliana, son of veteran Congress leader and former state assembly Speaker Dr H Thansanga had contested unsuccessfully in 2008 from the same constituency.
With the announcement of its candidate by the Congress, all the major political parties have announced their nominees for the coming by-poll.
The main opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) candidate was Lalvenhima Hmar, while the Mizoram People's Conference (MPC) nominated its president Lalhmangaiha Sailo, son of the former chief minister and founder president of the party Brig T Sailo.
The Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) candidate was C Lalchhandama, a retired government officer while the BJP state unit nominated C Ramkinlova, who had unsuccessfully contested from the seat in 2008 assembly polls.
Meanwhile, the MNF nominee Lalvenhima Hmar and MPC candidate Lalhmangaiha Sailo on February 1 filed their nominations for the Chalfilh by-polls and they were the first and only candidates to file nominations so far with the last date of filing nominations fixed on February six.
- Gareth Bale Wants More European Glory after Champions League Win
- Real Madrid Beat Atletico on Penalties to Win Champions League
- Injured Benzema may miss Real Madrid's Champions League tie with PSG
- Barcelona beat Juventus 3-1 to lift fifth Champions League title
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli