Congress announces candidate for Mizoram by-polls
All the major political parties in Mizoram have also announced their nominees for the coming by-poll.
Aizawl: The ruling Congress on February 1 announced that Dr H Ngurdingliana would be the party's official candidate for the coming by-election to the Chalfilh assembly seat scheduled to be held on February 23. Ngurdingliana, son of veteran Congress leader and former state assembly Speaker Dr H Thansanga had contested unsuccessfully in 2008 from the same constituency.
With the announcement of its candidate by the Congress, all the major political parties have announced their nominees for the coming by-poll.
The main opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) candidate was Lalvenhima Hmar, while the Mizoram People's Conference (MPC) nominated its president Lalhmangaiha Sailo, son of the former chief minister and founder president of the party Brig T Sailo.
The Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) candidate was C Lalchhandama, a retired government officer while the BJP state unit nominated C Ramkinlova, who had unsuccessfully contested from the seat in 2008 assembly polls.
Meanwhile, the MNF nominee Lalvenhima Hmar and MPC candidate Lalhmangaiha Sailo on February 1 filed their nominations for the Chalfilh by-polls and they were the first and only candidates to file nominations so far with the last date of filing nominations fixed on February six.
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110