Congress announces candidate for Mizoram by-polls
All the major political parties in Mizoram have also announced their nominees for the coming by-poll.
Aizawl: The ruling Congress on February 1 announced that Dr H Ngurdingliana would be the party's official candidate for the coming by-election to the Chalfilh assembly seat scheduled to be held on February 23. Ngurdingliana, son of veteran Congress leader and former state assembly Speaker Dr H Thansanga had contested unsuccessfully in 2008 from the same constituency.
With the announcement of its candidate by the Congress, all the major political parties have announced their nominees for the coming by-poll.
The main opposition Mizo National Front (MNF) candidate was Lalvenhima Hmar, while the Mizoram People's Conference (MPC) nominated its president Lalhmangaiha Sailo, son of the former chief minister and founder president of the party Brig T Sailo.
The Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) candidate was C Lalchhandama, a retired government officer while the BJP state unit nominated C Ramkinlova, who had unsuccessfully contested from the seat in 2008 assembly polls.
Meanwhile, the MNF nominee Lalvenhima Hmar and MPC candidate Lalhmangaiha Sailo on February 1 filed their nominations for the Chalfilh by-polls and they were the first and only candidates to file nominations so far with the last date of filing nominations fixed on February six.
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Fun to Explore the Singer in Me, Says Shraddha Kapoor
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- Jio MAMI 2016: Mira is an Opinionated Girl, Keeps Me Grounded: Shahid Kapoor
- Mosul Offensive Displaced 7,000 People: UN
- Iraqi Forces Encounter Stiff Resistance from ISIS in Mosul
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor