Congress asks people to oust Naveen government in Odisha
Congress on Wednesday accused the Naveen Patnaik government in Odisha of failing on all fronts due to rampant corruption and inefficiency, and asked the people to oust BJD from power in the next elections to pave the way for overall development.
Keonjhar (Odisha): Congress on Wednesday accused the Naveen Patnaik government in Odisha of failing on all fronts due to rampant corruption and inefficiency, and asked the people to oust BJD from power in the next elections to pave the way for overall development. "Corruption is rampant during the BJD rule in Odisha which witnessed a series of scandals including mining scam. Therefore, people must punish the regional party by voting against it in (the) next elections," AICC's Odisha in-charge Jagdish Tytler said at a party convention in Anandpur.
The state has been pushed back by 50 years in all spheres due to the inefficiency of the BJD government and largescale corruption during the last 12 years, he alleged. The plight of the poor has worsened during the BJD rule, he claimed.
Instead of working for the progress and development of the state and welfare of its people, the BJD government was responsible for backwardness, Tytler alleged while claiming that only Congress can put the state back on the path of development. Hitting out at the BJD government, both Tytler and Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president Niranjan Patnaik accused it of failing to utilise central funds meant for different welfare and developmental programmes.
The people of Odisha were disillusioned with the ruling BJD and the Naveen Patnaik-led party is bound to face defeat in the next elections, the senior Congress leaders, including leader of opposition in state assembly Bhupinder Singh, claimed.
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- Jio MAMI 2016: When Aishwarya Rai Made Newcomer Anushka Sharma Feel at Home
- Jio MAMI 2016: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Will Be Like a Therapy for Unrequited Love, Says Karan Johar
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about Anurag Khashyap's tweet over ADHM
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers
- Who Stands With Whom in Samajwadi Party Pariwar
- How Shivpal's Removal From Cabinet by Akhilesh Shocked the Mulayam Camp