Congress attacks SP over killing of UP police officer
Rashid Alvi said, the people are sad with the state government and it should change its attitude.
New Delhi: The Congress on Tuesday attacked Uttar Pradesh's Samajwadi Party government over the killing of a police officer, saying it indicated a poor law and order situation in the state.
"It is very unfortunate that the law and order situation in UP is very bad. If a police officer is not safe, the plight of the common man can well be imagined," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters.
He said the people of the state who had given a massive mandate to the SP in 2012 were very sad.
"The people are sad with the state government. It should change its attitude," he said.
Both houses of parliament were adjourned on Tuesday over the killing in which a state minister had to resign over his alleged involvement.
Recommended For You
- Sachin Tendulkar Says Virat Kohli and Boys Will Come Back Hard
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology