Congress candidate booked in poll-bound Punjab
Rajinder Beri, a candidate of Congress from Jalandhar Central, has been booked for distributing liquor to the voters.
Chandigarh: The authorities in Punjab on Thursday registered a case against the Congress candidate from the Jalandhar central Assembly seat on charges of distributing free liquor among voters.
"Rajinder Beri, a candidate of Congress from Jalandhar Central, has been booked for distributing liquor to the voters," special chief electoral officer Usha R Sharma said.
Beri was booked after a sting operation by a TV channel showed that his supporters were issuing slips to prospective voters to get free liquor from a vend while seeking votes from them.
Sharma said, "The Election Commission (EC) is keeping a hawk's eye on the activities of candidates and is taking all possible measures to stop the flow of liquor across the state."
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show