DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Congress candidate booked in poll-bound Punjab
Rajinder Beri, a candidate of Congress from Jalandhar Central, has been booked for distributing liquor to the voters.
Chandigarh: The authorities in Punjab on Thursday registered a case against the Congress candidate from the Jalandhar central Assembly seat on charges of distributing free liquor among voters.
"Rajinder Beri, a candidate of Congress from Jalandhar Central, has been booked for distributing liquor to the voters," special chief electoral officer Usha R Sharma said.
Beri was booked after a sting operation by a TV channel showed that his supporters were issuing slips to prospective voters to get free liquor from a vend while seeking votes from them.
Sharma said, "The Election Commission (EC) is keeping a hawk's eye on the activities of candidates and is taking all possible measures to stop the flow of liquor across the state."
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO