Major changes likely in Congress with Rahul's elevation
Digvijaya Singh said that Congress has seen several young leaders as its chief like Maulana Azad and Jawahar Lal Nehru.
Jaipur: Major changes are likely in Congress with Rahul Gandhi being formally elevated as its Vice President. Indications to this effect were given by party General Secretary Digvijay Singh who said that generally when a new leader comes, he brings in his team.
He, however, hastened to add that after accepting a predominant role in the organisation, Rahul will be part of the team headed by Sonia Gandhi. Singh has worked closely with Rahul being in charge of the party affairs in Uttar Pradesh.
He said that Congress has seen several young leaders as its chief like Maulana Azad and Jawahar Lal Nehru. He, however, dismissed suggestions that the party would go for a quota in ticket distribution for those under 45 years to be in tune with India's changing democratic profile.
Singh said that there was no need for quota and the young would be automatically given preference in ticket distribution in the changed scenario with women also getting a better deal.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It