DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Congress core group meets over Delhi protests
Party sources said the core group reviewed the widespread public anger against the ghastly crime and the handling of the protests by police.
New Delhi: The Congress core group on Tuesday took stock of the political situation in Delhi, especially angry protests by youth protesting the gang-rape and torture of a 23-year-old woman now battling for her life in hospital.
Party sources said the core group reviewed the widespread public anger against the ghastly crime and the handling of the protests by police and felt that peace must be established first so that quick justice can be delivered to the victim.
The meeting, held at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's official residence in New Delhi, was attended by Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Defence Minister AK Antony, Finance Minister P Chidambaram and Gandhi's political secretary Ahmed Patel.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere