Congress core group meets over Delhi protests
Party sources said the core group reviewed the widespread public anger against the ghastly crime and the handling of the protests by police.
New Delhi: The Congress core group on Tuesday took stock of the political situation in Delhi, especially angry protests by youth protesting the gang-rape and torture of a 23-year-old woman now battling for her life in hospital.
Party sources said the core group reviewed the widespread public anger against the ghastly crime and the handling of the protests by police and felt that peace must be established first so that quick justice can be delivered to the victim.
The meeting, held at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's official residence in New Delhi, was attended by Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Defence Minister AK Antony, Finance Minister P Chidambaram and Gandhi's political secretary Ahmed Patel.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- Top T20I Bowler Imran Tahir Has No Takers in IPL Auction