Congress core group meets over Delhi protests
Party sources said the core group reviewed the widespread public anger against the ghastly crime and the handling of the protests by police.
New Delhi: The Congress core group on Tuesday took stock of the political situation in Delhi, especially angry protests by youth protesting the gang-rape and torture of a 23-year-old woman now battling for her life in hospital.
Party sources said the core group reviewed the widespread public anger against the ghastly crime and the handling of the protests by police and felt that peace must be established first so that quick justice can be delivered to the victim.
The meeting, held at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's official residence in New Delhi, was attended by Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Defence Minister AK Antony, Finance Minister P Chidambaram and Gandhi's political secretary Ahmed Patel.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- Bird Flu: Threat of Infection to Migratory Birds
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back