Congress flays Mayawati over farmers' stir
Digvijay Singh said Mayawati government has been extremely insensitive to the cause of farmers.
New Delhi: Congress on Monday came down heavily on the Uttar Pradesh government for the violence in Greater Noida and adjoining areas over the land acquisition issue, saying Chief Minister Mayawati's "greed" has taken over all her sensible decisions.
"Mayawati government has been extremely insensitive to the cause of farmers and the poor in recent years. Instead of talking to farmers and taking them into confidence, it has been taking violent action against the agitating farmers," AICC general secretary in-charge for Uttar Pradesh Digivijay Singh told reporters here.
"The greed of Mayawati has overtaken her sensible decisions. The whole government is up for grabs for those who have the money to spend and who have the capacity to fill the personal coffers of the Chief Minister," he alleged.
Singh said the Congress condemns the role of the Uttar Pradesh government in all cases of land acquisitions and urged upon the government to discuss the issue with farmers.
"I urge upon everyone to shun the cause of violence and bring peace in the area," he added.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Oscar Predictions: La La Land or Moonlight; Who Will Win Big?
- Lion Movie Review: A Deeply Moving, Inspiring Film
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology