Congress issues 18-point 'chargesheet' against Modi
The Congress termed Modi's claim that he was responsible for the widespread development in the state as an insult to Gujaratis.
Rajkot/Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Monday issued an 18-point "chargesheet" against Narendra Modi government accusing it of practising loot, corruption and adopting anti-people policies in the poll bound state. It also alleged that BJP led government has lost faith of the people of Gujarat.
"The available data collected through different sources including queries under RTI Acts, shows that the Modi government has only made tall claims of development before the people, while depriving them in reality," said Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil while addressing media here. Congress leadership today released the "chargesheet" carrying 18 points against Chief Minister Narendra Modi led BJP government, including that of misleading the people of the state in the name of development, safety, providing affordable housing, health, education, amongst others.
Terming claim of Modi that he was responsible for the 'widespread' development in the state as an insult to six crore Gujaratis, Gohil said, "Development has been DNA of Gujarat and if there is any such development had taken place in the state, credit should go to the people."
"The present Chief Minister has hurt the feelings of Gujaratis by taking undue credit for himself for the development of the state, which in-fact is a result of hard-work and commitment of each and every citizen of Gujarat," he said. He also claimed that before Modi took over state had an enriching history of high economic growth rate and during 1960-1980 growth rate of GDP in the state remained in two digits, while in 1975-76 growth rate was of 28.50 per cent which was highest in the state.
- Chief Justice of India Differs With Arun Jaitley on Courts Delaying Arbitration
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18