Congress leader criticises Uma Bharti for 'final rites' remark
Ajay Singh said that Uma Bharti's last political rites had been conducted when the BJP ousted her from the party.
Bhopal: Senior Congress leader Ajay Singh on Monday hit out at BJP Vice President Uma Bharti for her remarks that the 'final rites' of Congress would be performed during the Assembly elections later this year. Uma on Monday said that she had decimated Congress in 2003 and added that, "in 2008 its last rites took place. In 2013, I am sure its pind-daan' (rituals after cremation) will be performed."
Ajay Singh said in a statement that "Uma's last rites as a politician had been conducted during her life time by the BJP which had exported her to Uttar Pradesh." He added that, "It appears that the BJP Vice President has forgotten the humiliation she had to undergo when she was forced out of that party."
"Uma neither believes in democracy nor does she have any respect for people anywhere," he alleged while adding that "she had not visited Charkhari" (Assembly seat in Mahoba district of Uttar Pradesh) after winning election from there.
"Uma Bharti did not attend the session of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly even for a single day and has thus performed the last rites of democracy and the mandate given to her," said Ajay, the Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Karnataka Defers Cauvery Water Release to Thursday
- Karnataka Parties Against Release of Cauvery Water
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed