DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Congress loses both seats in Delhi by-polls
The BJP and the RJD have won one seat each.
New Delhi: The Congress on Thursday lost two seats in the Delhi by-elections with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) winning one seat each.
While BJP's candidate Pardymn Rajput defeated Congress' Tilotma Chaudhary in Dwarka, RJD's Asif Mohhamed Khan trumped the Bahujan Samaj Party candidate Braham Singh in Okhla.
Elections in Dwarka were held on September 10, and in Okhla on September 15.
Both the seats were previously with the Congress.
The elections were necessitated when Okhla legislator Parvez Hashmi was elected to the Rajya Sabha, and Dwarka legislator Mahabal Mishra to the Lok Sabha.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet