Congress loses both seats in Delhi by-polls
The BJP and the RJD have won one seat each.
New Delhi: The Congress on Thursday lost two seats in the Delhi by-elections with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) winning one seat each.
While BJP's candidate Pardymn Rajput defeated Congress' Tilotma Chaudhary in Dwarka, RJD's Asif Mohhamed Khan trumped the Bahujan Samaj Party candidate Braham Singh in Okhla.
Elections in Dwarka were held on September 10, and in Okhla on September 15.
Both the seats were previously with the Congress.
The elections were necessitated when Okhla legislator Parvez Hashmi was elected to the Rajya Sabha, and Dwarka legislator Mahabal Mishra to the Lok Sabha.
- India's Claim of Surgical Strike False: Pakistan to UN Chief
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Pakistan Briefs P5 Over Unprovoked Firing by India on LoC
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 21 Crore on Day 1
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput