Andhra: Congress MP resigns over Telangana
Congress MP Rayapati Sambasiva Rao resigned from the party and his post over the issue of Telangana on Tuesday.
Hyderabad: Congress MP from Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh, Rayapati Sambasiva Rao, on Tuesday, submitted his resignation from the party and his post as a protest over the formation of a separate state for Telangana.
The Congress working Committee had met earlier on Tuesday over the issue of Telangana. Meeting of the UPA with the constituents of the ruling coalition had also been held on TUesday. The move to endorse the decision for the creation of a seperate state of Telanagana was taken in the meeting that was held at the Prime Minister's residnece on New Delhi.
AICC General Secretary Ajay Maken on Tuesday had announced a resolution on the formation of the creation of a separate state of Telangana. "Resolution has been passed in the CWC for the formation of a separate state of Telangana," he had said.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1