Congress positive on joining Mamata-led govt
Mamata Banerjee and Pranab Mukherjee are expected to reach New Delhi later in the day to meet Sonia Gandhi.
New Delhi: Congress appears to be turning positive on the issue of joining the Mamata-led government in West Bengal.
"Things are turning positive on the issue," a senior Congress leader said.
His statement was significant as it came close on the heels of senior Congress leader Pranab Mukherjee ascertaining the views of state leaders as well as newly elected party MLAs on the issue.
Though Mamata Banerjee's party has gained majority on its own, she has invited the Congress and SUCI to join the government.
Asked whether Congress President Sonia Gandhi would attend the swearing-in ceremony in Kolkata, a senior leader said that if Mamata invites Gandhi it would be very difficult not to accept.
Mamata and Mukherjee are expected to arrive in New Delhi later in the day to meet Gandhi.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner